[Rd] Typo in documentation for reshape?

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 19:15:51 CET 2012

When I go ?reshape I get told, amongst other things

new.row.names
logical; if TRUE and direction = "wide", create new row names in long
format from the values of the id and time variables.

This seems to me to be illogical, surely it should read direction = "long"?

Reading the code and observing its behaviour I find that (a) the
default for new.row.names is in fact NULL (b) the default seems to
give the behaviour described above for TRUE (c) it is tested in the
code only as if(is.null(new.row.names)) or if(!is.null(new.row.names))

Note I am not complaining about the behaviour, it does what I would
want and what seems to me to be the natural thing but I do not think
it is quite as documented.

R version 2.15.2 (2012-10-26)
Platform: i386-w64-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

Michael Dewey
info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
http://www.aghmed.fsnet.co.uk/home.html