[Rd] BibTeX entries in CITATION file

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini mauricio.zambrano at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Thu Nov 22 17:28:18 CET 2012

Dear List,

While trying to define a customised CITATION file for a package,
following R-exts, I realised that if I use only one 'citEntry' I got
both a text description and a BibTex entry for the package, as for the
'nlme' package:

--------------------------
citation('nlme')

To cite package 'nlme' in publications use:

   Jose Pinheiro, Douglas Bates, Saikat DebRoy, Deepayan Sarkar and the
   R Development Core Team (2012). nlme: Linear and Nonlinear Mixed
   Effects Models. R package version 3.1-105.

A BibTeX entry for LaTeX users is

   @Manual{,
     title = {nlme: Linear and Nonlinear Mixed Effects Models},
     author = {Jose Pinheiro and Douglas Bates and Saikat DebRoy and
Deepayan Sarkar and {R Core Team}},
     year = {2012},
     note = {R package version 3.1-105},
   }

-----------------------------------

BUT, if I use two or more 'citEntry' in the CITATION file (e.g., for the
manual and a book), the bibTeX entries are NOT shown any more, and only
the text description for the two or more entries are shown, as for the
'boot' package:

-----------------------------------
citation('boot')

To cite the 'boot' package in publications use:

   Angelo Canty and Brian Ripley (2012). boot: Bootstrap R (S-Plus)
   Functions. R package version 1.3-7.

   Davison, A. C. & Hinkley, D. V. (1997) Bootstrap Methods and Their
   Applications. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. ISBN
   0-521-57391-2
-----------------------------------

Is there any way to show the two bib entries for cases similar to the
'boot' package ?

sessionInfo()
R version 2.15.2 (2012-10-26)
Platform: x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu (64-bit)

locale:
  [1] LC_CTYPE=en_GB.utf8       LC_NUMERIC=C
  [3] LC_TIME=en_GB.utf8        LC_COLLATE=en_GB.utf8
  [5] LC_MONETARY=en_GB.utf8    LC_MESSAGES=en_GB.utf8
  [7] LC_PAPER=C                LC_NAME=C
  [9] LC_ADDRESS=C              LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_GB.utf8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

Thanks in advance,

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini

Water Resources Unit
Joint Research Centre (JRC), European Commission
TP 261, Via Enrico Fermi 2749, 21027 Ispra (VA), IT
webinfo    : http://floods.jrc.ec.europa.eu/