[Rd] R 2.15.2 still missing two files useful with the X11 icon patch

Philip Johnson plfjohnson at emory.edu
Fri Oct 26 17:20:50 CEST 2012

Glad to see this as well.

Two notes on Dirk's comments:

   1) As Dirk wrote, the changes in 2.15.2 apply to almost any X11
system (although, as the NEWS says, this change is particularly crucial
with Ubuntu's new Unity interface).

   2) The additional two files mentioned by Dirk are only useful on
systems complying with the freedesktop.org standards (i.e., at least
gnome and kde).  With Unity, these files result in a crisper icon in the
Unity launcher.

To summarize: the change in R 2.15.2 helps any X11 system.  The
additional two files not yet in mainline R help only
freedesktop.org-compliant systems -- although I can't imagine how they
would hurt any other system.

Thanks for incorporating at least the first patch into main line
development!

Regards,
Philip