[Rd] R 3.0, Rtools3.0,l Windows7 64-bit, and permission agony

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 00:57:25 CEST 2013

> PS. Hadley, is this what you meant when you wrote "Better solutions
> (e.g. Rstudio and devtools) temporarily set the path on when you're
> calling R CMD *.", or those approaches are only when you call 'R CMD'
> from the R prompt?  I believe the latter, but I just want to make sure
> I didn't miss something.

Well both devtools and RStudio allow you to do package development
without leaving R, so neither do anything to your path when you're not
using them.

In teaching windows users to develop R packages, I found the use of
the command line to be a substantial road-block, and if you can
develop packages without leaving R, why not?

Hadley

--
Chief Scientist, RStudio
http://had.co.nz/