[Rd] R 3.0, Rtools3.0,l Windows7 64-bit, and permission agony

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 16:44:42 CEST 2013

> The idea of temporary additions to the path during the INSTALL/build/check
> code sounds reasonable.  R could probably do it more accurately than
> devtools or RStudio can (since we know the requirements, and you have to
> guess at them), but could hopefully do it in a way that isn't incompatible
> with those.

Both devtools and Rstudio check if gcc and ls are on the path already,
and if they are, do nothing, so anything you did should be compatible.
 JJ and I would of course be happy to make any changes if necessary,
and share our code for Rtools detection (along with useful error
messages in all the edge cases).

Hadley

--
Chief Scientist, RStudio