[Rd] [BioC] enabling reproducible research & R package management & install.package.version & BiocLite

Geoff Jentry geoffjentry at hexdump.org
Tue Mar 5 15:50:48 CET 2013

On Tue, 5 Mar 2013, Cook, Malcolm wrote:
> Thus, I might rather consider an approach that at 'publish' time tarzips
> up a copy of the R package dependencies based on a config file defined
> from sessionInfo and caches it in the project directory.

If you had a separate environment for every project, each with its own R
installation and R installation lib.loc this becomes rather easy. For
instance, something like this:

myProject/
    projectRInstallation/
       bin/
       library/
         Biobase
         annotate
    projectData/
    projectCode/
    projectOutput/

The directory structure would likely be more complicated than that but
something along those lines. This way all code, data *and* compute
environment are always linked together.

-J