[Rd] the case of building R snapshot without svn nor network connection.

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Mar 16 14:09:55 CET 2013

Can you please stop this?  You made your point, repeatedly.  Nobody has come
to your side.

And you *do* have easy alternatives:

   i)  git repo,  see https://github.com/wch/r-source

   ii) nighly tarballs,  see ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/Software/R

Whatever your particular circumstances are (which you never detailed in a way
that made me understand what your issue is), one of these should work.

As I said before, 'svn up && make distclean && ~/bin/makeRdevel' works just
fine for me with the configure choice I prefer hardwired in the script.  I
never sync to r-recommended and *honestly* have no idea what your issue is.
I just rebuilt two days ago without an issue:

   edd at max:~$ ~/bin/R-devel.sh --version|head -1
   R Under development (unstable) (2013-03-15 r62262) -- "Unsuffered Consequences"

Dirk