[Rd] the case of building R snapshot without svn nor network connection.

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 16 15:13:42 CET 2013

Network access is *not* a given, nor is the privilege of installing arbitrary "uncertified" and "non-essential" tools - whatever the meaning of "uncertified" and "non-essential" are, those being defined, as is "design goal", etc, by some small committee.

It is a very common scenario, e.g. banks & telecom, some part of public/government service and health care. This does not seem to sink in without repeating.