[Rd] install.packages from own rpository - depencies

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu May 2 16:05:43 CEST 2013

On May 2, 2013, at 9:58 AM, Knut Krueger wrote:

> I am trying to setup a respository for students with a own package.
> Its working fine when the depended packages are already installed with:
> install.packages("mypackage", type="source",repos="http://myrepository.example.com")
>
> but if the the dependencies are not already installed I get the following error:
> ERROR: dependencies 'igraph', 'chron', 'gdata' are not available for package 'mypackage'
> * removing 'C:/.../mypackage'

You should add the repositories for the dependencies as well, e.g.:

install.packages("mypackage", type="source",repos=c("http://myrepository.example.com", "http://cran.r-project.org/"))

or make your repository more complete (e.g. if you want to pin certain versions to guarantee interoperability).

Cheers,
Simon