[Rd] Data in packages: save or write.table?

cgenolin cgenolin at u-paris10.fr
Thu May 2 16:32:49 CEST 2013

Hi all,
I am trying to understand Writing R Extension...
Section 1.1.5, data: I include two datasets in a package, one using 'save',
the other using 'write.table':

--- 8< ----
myData1 <- data.frame(x=1:10)
write.table(myData1,file="myData1.txt")
myData2 <- data.frame(x=2:10)
save(myData2,file="myData2.Rdata")

Then R CMD check aks me to document myData1, but does not ask me to document
myData2.
In the R session, after 'library(myPack)', the data 'myData2' is
automatically present in the session while myData1 require the use of
data(myData1). Is that correct, or is there a bug in my code?

Christophe