[Rd] check warning with .onLoad() and setClass()

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Fri Oct 4 14:15:34 CEST 2013

Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> writes:

> On 4 October 2013 at 12:59, Rainer M Krug wrote:
> | Thanks John
> |
> | that is likely the solution to my problem, but I don't understand
> | how I
> | can use it and I can't find the example in the Rcpp package (I did
> | grep
> | for setLoadAtion on the whole source package of Rcpp, but nothing
> | came up with ). Could you
> | please provide me a link (or the filename) where I can see how to
> | use
> | this function?
>
> Alternatively just call
>
>    loadModules("simObj", TRUE)

Hm. loadModule is Rcpp function, but I am only interested in using the
setClass() function, which has nothing to do with Rcpp. I don't even use
Rcpp in the package, only in one which is imported.

> in one of the R/*R files, eg in RcppCNPy I load the module from
> R/cnpy.R --
> and it's the sole R statement in that package as everything happens in
> the
> Modules declaration over in in the src/ directory:
>
>    edd at max:~$ cat svn/rcpp/pkg/RcppCNPy/R/*
>
>    loadModule("cnpy", TRUE)
>

>    edd at max:~$
>
> If you had several modules, you'd need to issue a loadModules(...) for
> each.
> Oh, and rcpp-devel is still ready, willing and able for Rcpp
> questions. ;-)

Thanks - but unless I am missing something here, this has nothing to do
with Rcpp and only concerns basic package writing. John Chambers only
referred me to an example in Rcpp which I can not find.

And I am definitely going to ask Rcpp questions there.

> Hth, Dirk

I guess not much this time - sorry Dirk.

Rainer

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

Stellenbosch University
South Africa