[Rd] R CMD check fails in R-devel r63910

R. Michael Weylandt <michael.weylandt@gmail.com> michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 13:57:49 CEST 2013

On Sep 13, 2013, at 7:44, alku <alku at dtu.dk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The R CMD check is successful in R 3.0.1 but fails to install package
> lmerTest under R-devel r63910,
> Here is what I get:
>
> ** preparing package for lazy loading
> Error in reconcilePropertiesAndPrototype(name, slots, prototype,
> superClasses,  :
>  no definition was found for superclass "merMod" in the specification of
> class "merModLmerTest"

The line you point out below isn't relevant to this error: it's saying it can't find a definition of merMod and that it knows you meant to define one since it's part of merModLmerTest.

> In DESCRIPTION file I have:
> Depends:  Matrix, stats, methods, lme4
> Imports: numDeriv, MASS, Hmisc, gplots, pbkrtest
>
> I have classes.R file where I specify that "merModLmerTest" class should
> inherit "merMod":
>
> merModLmerTest <- setClass("merModLmerTest", contains = "merMod")

Which would be trouble if you don't define "merMod" elsewhere.