[Rd] R 3.1.0: 'R CMD Sweave' deletes non tex files created upon batch mode exit

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 16:11:11 CEST 2014

> I use Rscript, and I expect most others do too, but I was wrong about how
> long this went unreported.  Martin Morgan reported it in February in R-devel
> and I didn't notice.  He even gave a link to it in a message in March on
> another topic; I replied to the March message, but didn't follow the link.
>
> We discourage people from using bugs.r-project.org for pre-release issues;
> perhaps we shouldn't do that.

Regardless of the venue, the cost for submitting an issue that doesn't
turn out to be a bug is quite high - you're likely to get a nasty
message. If you want more people to submit bug reports, I think you
have to be prepared to receive reports about things that users think
are bugs, but developers do not. If you want to encourage people to
submit bugs, then you have to make it a pleasant (or at least not
unpleasant) experience.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/