[Rd] patch for rpart

Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. therneau at mayo.edu
Mon Aug 18 20:55:51 CEST 2014

On 08/14/2014 05:00 AM, r-devel-request at r-project.org wrote:
> Dear list
>

> For my work, it would be helpful if rpart worked seamlessly with an
> empty model:
>
> library(rpart); rpart(formula=y~0, data=data.frame(y=factor(1:10)))
>
> Currently, an unrelated error (originating from na.rpart) is thrown.
>
> At some point in the near future, I'd like to release a package to CRAN
> which uses rpart and relies on that functionality. I have prepared a
> patch (minor modifications at three places, and a test) which I'd like
> to propose for inclusion in the next CRAN release of rpart. The patch
> can be reviewed athttps://github.com/krlmlr/rpart/tree/empty-model, the
> files (based on the current CRAN release 4.1-8) can be downloaded from
> https://github.com/krlmlr/rpart/archive/empty-model.zip.
>
> Thanks for your attention.
>

> With kindest regards
>
> Kirill M?ller

In general I try to make functions behave in edge cases, so am symptatheic to your
request.  But I won't get to it for months at least, even if I say yes.  Brian Ripley is
the official maintainer of rpart at this time, send a note directly to him.  If neither
Brian nor I can fit it in, no one else will.

Terry Therneau