[Rd] "Spinning ball" in Rgui in Windows but not in OS X

Fisher Dennis fisher at plessthan.com
Wed Feb 19 21:50:43 CET 2014

R 3.0.2
OS X, Windows 7

Colleagues

This is my first submission to this bulletin board so forgive me if I miss some etiquette issue.

I am running some C code in Rgui in both OS X and Windows.  It takes ~ 10 seconds for the code to execute.
In OS X, the GUI is silent during this period.
In Windows, a spinning wheel appears and the GUi grays out, then recovers.
Is it possible to suppress the spinning wheel and the graying out?  I don’t know if these are controlled by the OS or by R.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.  If it would help to have the code, I can provide it.

Dennis

Dennis Fisher MD
P < (The "P Less Than" Company)
Phone: 1-866-PLessThan (1-866-753-7784)