[Rd] single quotes in strings, example block

Adrian Dușa dusa.adrian at unibuc.ro
Thu Jul 31 10:27:15 CEST 2014

Dear R-devel,

In the example block of the documentation for a package, I need to use
a single quote in a string:

    foo <- "Don't know"

After building the package, it gets printed as:

    foo <- "Dont know"

I read the "Writing R Extensions" and "Parsing Rd files" from top to
bottom, but didn't find any solution.

Using \verb{} doesn't help, as:
Tag \verb is invalid in a \examples block

Neither \sQuote doesn't help, as:
'\s' is an unrecognized escape in character string starting ""Don\s"

I found the only macros which are interpreted within text are \var and
\link ... therefore I am stuck.

Any hint to other documentation I might read?
Thank you,
Adrian

--
Adrian Dusa