[Rd] Interface between R and a Open Load Flow tool (Gridlabd or OpenDSS)

Tom Short tshort.rlists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 23:41:44 CEST 2014

It's certainly possible. The best approach depends mainly on how
tightly you need to bind to input and output data and how much of the
internals you need to access. Here are a couple of approaches that
I've used with OpenDSS:

* Batch mode -- Generate inputs, run OpenDSS (or Gridlab-D), then read
the text outputs.

* COM interface -- Under windows, you can access OpenDSS via a COM
interface. I think the OpenDSS website has examples of doing this from
Python and Matlab. It's similar under R.

Beyond that, there should be more direct ways to interface to either.