[Rd] creating namespaces outside packages

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Fri Mar 28 12:01:01 CET 2014

Hi

I would like to use namespaces outside packages, but I could not find
any references on how to do it (only a thread [1] which says "use a
package"). Using a package is not possible in my case, as I am passing
variables from org-mode / emacs to R and would like to avoid name
clashes. This is a dynamic process, and each time the code is evaluated,
the variable can be different.

I am putting them at the moment into an environment which is locked, but
I would like to avoid name clashes, so the idea of using environments.

So: is there a way to create a namespace and populate it as I can do
with an environment?

Thanks,

Rainer

Footnotes: