[Rd] R 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 both fail their test suites

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 13:56:25 CET 2014

On 05 Nov 2014, at 13:12 , Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think we should be removing tests for everybody to allow a few
> people to test a build of R that none of us actually use.

Yes. Having R pass "make check" while breaking recommended packages would be unfortunate. I wouldn't object to special variations like "make check-without-recommended" or "make check-core". Except, of course, if the dontrun/dontcheck logic gets even more convoluted than it already is...

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com