[Rd] R 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 both fail their test suites

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Nov 5 15:36:17 CET 2014

Hi Duncan,

 > I don't think we should be removing tests for everybody to allow a few
 > people to test a build of R that none of us actually use.

no tests need to be removed. All that needs to be done is to distinguish
tests that require the recommended packages from those that don't. Then
users can choose which test set they want to run.

It would be particularly nice if "make check" would do the right thing
automatically based on the choice of --with{,out}-recommended-packages
at ./configure time. Offering two separate "check" targets would be
equally good, though.

Best regards,
Peter