[Rd] URW Fonts Description in Installation and Administration Manual

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 20:07:21 CET 2015

On Wed, 30-12-2015, at 12:44, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
> On 30 December 2015 at 05:00, Dario Strbenac wrote:
> | Good day,
> |
> | In section A.2, the manual advises "Linux users will want the urw-fonts package". However, this package only seems to be available for RedHat Linux and Fedora Linux. What about for Debian or Ubuntu ? There is no urw-fonts package for them. Are there any other packages not mentioned that are important for these two distributions ?
>
> edd at max:~$ apt-cache search urw | grep texlive
> texlive-fonts-recommended - TeX Live: Recommended fonts
> texlive-fonts-extra - TeX Live: Additional fonts
> edd at max:~$

Humm... on a Debian system (mix of unstable and testing) that shows
nothing.  But

ramon at Bufo:~$ apt-cache search urw | grep tex
fonts-texgyre - OpenType fonts based on URW Fonts
tex-gyre - scalable PostScript and OpenType fonts based on URW Fonts
python-urwid-satext - collection of urwid widgets
ramon at Bufo:~$

shows two possibly relevant packages.

(Maybe this is a Ubuntu/Debian difference? I think Dirk has some machines
running Ubuntu).

Best,

R.

--