[Rd] URW Fonts Description in Installation and Administration Manual

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Dec 30 21:08:39 CET 2015

On 30 December 2015 at 20:07, Ramon Diaz-Uriarte wrote:

| On Wed, 30-12-2015, at 12:44, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
| > On 30 December 2015 at 05:00, Dario Strbenac wrote:
| > | Good day,
| > |
| > | In section A.2, the manual advises "Linux users will want the urw-fonts package". However, this package only seems to be available for RedHat Linux and Fedora Linux. What about for Debian or Ubuntu ? There is no urw-fonts package for them. Are there any other packages not mentioned that are important for these two distributions ?
| >
| > edd at max:~$ apt-cache search urw | grep texlive
| > texlive-fonts-recommended - TeX Live: Recommended fonts
| > texlive-fonts-extra - TeX Live: Additional fonts
| > edd at max:~$
|
| Humm... on a Debian system (mix of unstable and testing) that shows
| nothing.

Really? I just fired up Docker instance with Debian 8.2 and saw it there, also

  https://packages.debian.org/sid/texlive-fonts-recommended
  https://packages.debian.org/sid/texlive-fonts-extra

has it.  Otherwise, agreed that a search for URW reveals more
packages. Methinks this issue is specific to Dario's setup...

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org