[Rd] ' --enable-R-shlib' problem when setting up R-devel in Linux Mint 17.1 64-bit

MAURICIO ZAMBRANO BIGIARINI mauricio.zambrano at ufrontera.cl
Tue Jul 21 16:53:23 CEST 2015

Thank you very much Dirk, Peter and Johannes for all your help.

Now, I removed all the previous files and repeated all the previous
procedure using my own SVN directory, instead of the
' ~/svn/r-devel' included in the original mail of Dirk, and everything
worked fine as well.

So I can confirm that very likely I suffered the effect of the
_initial_ configure, because I didn't run 'make clean' or 'make
distclean' in the first repo I checkout.

Finally, I slightly modified the first script of  Dirk  on
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-debian/2012-August/001935.html,
to avoid building in the source directory (following the advice of
Peter Dalgaard) and finally I'm able to set up R-devel on a daily
basis !

Thanks to all of you and I hope this thread might be useful for
somebody else....

Kind regards,

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini, PhD

=====================================
Dept. of Civil Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Sciences
Universidad de La Frontera
PO Box 54-D, Temuco, Chile
mailto     : mauricio.zambrano at ufrontera.cl
work-phone : +56 45 259 2812
http://ingenieriacivil.ufro.cl/
"When the pupil is ready, the master arrives."
(Zen proverb)
Linux user #454569 -- Linux Mint user