[Rd] About removing zlib from R-devel

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 02:51:35 CEST 2015

For people reading this: I was installing bzip2 by hand.  Two things to
bear in mind (1) it only installs a shared library if you use a special
Makefile (this is clearly stated in the installation docs) and (2) I had to
symlink libbz2.so.1 to libbz2.so.1.0.6 (the included libbz2.so.1.0 was not
being picked up).

Best,
Kasper