[Rd] Print output during long tests?

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Mon May 4 18:39:50 CEST 2015

Dear Toby,

Have you tried adding output to the tests with the context() function?

Best regards,

Thierry
Op 4 mei 2015 18:28 schreef "Toby Hocking" <tdhock5 at gmail.com>:

I am the author of R package animint which uses testthat for unit tests.

This means that there is a single test file (animint/tests/testthat.R) and
during R CMD check we will see the following output

* checking tests ...
Running ‘testthat.R’

I run these tests on Travis, which has a policy that if no output is
received after 10 minutes, it will kill the check. Because animint's
testthat tests take a total of over 10 minutes, Travis kills the R CMD
check job before it has finished all the tests. This is a problem since we
would like to run animint tests on Travis.

One solution to this problem would be if R CMD check could output more
lines other than just Running testthat.R. Can I give some command line
switch to R CMD check or set some environment variable, so that some more
verbose test output could be shown on R CMD check?

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]