[Rd] Print output during long tests?

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Mon May 4 18:54:12 CEST 2015

I really can't see it as a job for R to circumvent hare-brained sysadmin schemes like this....

You're not telling us who or what Travis is. I expect travis-ci.org has some clues, but in general, people on this list won't know. If it doesn't support setting parameters for the timeout, and it is anything Unix-like, can't you just set up a background process to echo a line every five minutes? As in

(for i in 1 2 3 4 ; do sleep 10 ; echo "ping" ; done ) & R ; kill %

(for larger values of 10, obviously; just showing the basic idea.)

- Peter D.