[Rd] MetaCran website v1.0.0-alpha

Gábor Csárdi csardi.gabor at gmail.com
Tue May 26 20:16:00 CEST 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Gabriel Becker <gmbecker at ucdavis.edu>
wrote:
[...]

> Well, sort of. I mean if the package is being actively developed not on
> github, forking your archive repo and developing a patch/etc against it
> won't necessarily be particularly effective, as there is no way to have the
> right starting point (state of trunk), right?

Well, then you can do 1) git rebase or 2) get the patch if the original
repo is not in git.

Yes, this is not ideal. I could remove that "Browse the source" completely,
that is an option, and remove the link from the version number as well.
There there will be no links to github.com/cran. Experienced users will
just type in the URL. That's fine with me, too.

Btw. how does this look for a warning: https://github.com/cran/crayon
This is the most red I could find.

G.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]