[Rd] compile question

Michael Felt aixtools at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 14:45:05 CET 2015

On 2015-11-23 23:43, peter dalgaard wrote:
>> On 23 Nov 2015, at 22:30 , aixtools<aixtools at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode ...
> Two things here
>
> - possibly irrelevant, but I'd avoid building in the source directory. (mkdir ../BUILD ; cd ../BUILD; ../R/configure)
I'll try this. It is a requirement for building gcc.

> - don't turn on mantainer mode. You are not a maintainer, and if you want to play at being one, I think you need extra tools.

Nope - do not want to be a maintainer (of R) - just hope to have a easy
to install package. I was trying the flag because it helped spot things
while packaging httpd. Would not have it on for normal packaging. I was
thinking more verbose messages.

Thanks.