[Rd] compile question - now status update

Michael Felt aixtools at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 16:52:22 CET 2015

On 2015-11-23 23:43, peter dalgaard wrote:
>> On 23 Nov 2015, at 22:30 , aixtools<aixtools at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode ...
> Two things here
>
> - possibly irrelevant, but I'd avoid building in the source directory. (mkdir ../BUILD ; cd ../BUILD; ../R/configure)
>
> - don't turn on mantainer mode. You are not a maintainer, and if you want to play at being one, I think you need extra tools.

Took advice, and moving forward. Currently both 32-bit and 64-bit are
having similar issues - which I prefer to one working perfectly and the
other having issues.

Main issues are dublicate issues and a missing function - that I would
expect to be in libm (logf()).

So, for both 32-bit and 64-bit, even with -lm added to LDFLAGS it is
ending with:

byte-compiling package 'grDevices'
Warning in solve.default(rgb) :
   unable to load shared object
'/data/prj/cran/32/R-build/modules//lapack.so':
   rtld: 0712-001 Symbol logf was referenced
       from module /data/prj/cran/32/R-build/lib/libRlapack.so(), but a
runtime definition
             of the symbol was not found.
Error in solve.default(rgb) : LAPACK routines cannot be loaded
Error: unable to load R code in package 'grDevices'
Execution halted
/data/prj/cran/R-devel/share/make/lazycomp.mk:7: recipe for target
'../../../library/grDevices/R/grDevices.rdb' failed

For the interested, I have captured the screen outputs of the configure
and make - sub-directory 003 is the last 64-bit I tried, and
sub-directory 004 is the 32-bit build. See
http://download.aixtools.net/test/R/2015-11-23/ as I do not want to bog
down mailers with included files.

* Note that the 32-bit build failed because the 64-bit curl include
files were still installed. MAYBE it is worth considering having curl
included again in the source distribution. That way the correct include
files can be included in R directories for packages et al that are being
built around/based upon R environment.