[Rd] R-core package cross compilation help

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Thu Oct 8 23:47:58 CEST 2015

On Thu, 2015-10-08 at 13:58 -0700, Sasikumar Kandhasamy wrote:
> I am a beginner to R language and currently exploring R to use it for
> machine learning use case. My requirement is to include R-core package in
> my embedded linux box which runs on customized Monta Vista Linux with
> kernel 2.6.32 and it has multi-core MIPS processor.
>
> I hope, there is NO pre-compiled R package for Monta vista linux and mips
> processor. So, i am trying to do cross compilation with monta vista mips
> compiler toolchain.
>
> Can you please help me with reference manuals(if any) on setting up the R
> package for cross compilation? and also, given that we need only
> statistical analytic model algorithms and we may not use graphical
> interface, what is the recommendation on packages to be compiled?

See the R Installation and Administration manual here:

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-devel/R-admin.html

Especially

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-devel/R-admin.html#Simple-compilation

and then, to consider machine learning applications in addition to R
core, you probably want to look at the task view to consider packages:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/views/MachineLearning.html

questions on the packages in the task view should probably be directed
to the package maintainers or e.g. r-help or one of the r-sig-* lists,
as appropriate.

Regards,

Brian

--