[Rd] Changed behaviour when passing a function?

Gabriel Becker gmbecker at ucdavis.edu
Thu Oct 22 23:44:24 CEST 2015

Of course (and unsurprisingly) Duncan is correct.  I see that behavior in R
3.1.0, as well as the modern ones Duncan mentioned.

What I said is true, as far as it goes, but the symbol being resolved is
FUN, so when looking for a function it doesn't find the function version of
round.

Did you perhaps have a function named FUN in your global environment? If so
you are being bitten by what I mentioned before.

> FUN = function(...) 1
> myfun <- function(x, FUN, ...){
+      FUN(x, ...)
+ }