[Rd] (no) circular dependency

Gabriel Becker gmbecker at ucdavis.edu
Fri Apr 8 17:37:12 CEST 2016

Another, perhaps slightly off the wall reframing of the 3-package
possibility:

Have packages B, a, and UserFacingA, as follows

*a* contains all the functionality in your A package that
*does not depend on B*
*B* *imports from* *a* and is essentially unchanged
*UserFacingA* *Depends* on *a* and *imports from* *B*, it implements all
functionality from your package A that *does depend on* *B*, and gets the
rest from package *a*

Users, then would only ever install or load B and UserFacingA. They
wouldn't need to care much,if at all, about package a.

~G

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Dmitri Popavenko <dmitri.popavenko at gmail.com