[Rd] In plot.ts, las=1 applies to ylab with multiple series and not to axis labels

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Feb 1 11:55:41 CET 2016

    > Hello:
    > In plot.ts, las=1 applies to ylab and not axis labels with
    > multiple series.  The documented behavior is to have las=1 apply to axis
    > labels and not ylab.

    > To see this, please try the following:

    > plot.ts(1:4, las=1)

    > plot.ts(matrix(1:8, 4), las=1)

    > On my Mac, the second displays behavior I did not expect.  If
    > I've done something stupid here, please advise;  it won't be the first
    > time ;-)

Nothing stupid; indeed your expectations are correct and there's
a small lapsus in R there, the '...' not being passed to the axis(..)
calls in the matrix case.

I'm currently checking the obvious patch and will commit it to
R-devel and R-patched (unless I see problems in our checks).

    > Thanks to all the developers who have made R such a great
    > contribution to humanity.

Thank you for the flowers!
Martin Maechler