[Rd] r-devel @ Travis

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jan 18 15:17:41 CET 2016

On 18 January 2016 at 09:45, Måns Magnusson wrote:
| I'm developing R packages and use Travis CI for continous integration. When
| submitting to CRAN Im suggestet to test the package using the latest
| R-devel. I would like that all test where run using Travis. Is there anyone
| who knows if this is possible to run travis test using the latest r-devel?

Literally "anything is possible" subject to the constraint of Travis hosting
on Ubuntu 12.04 (aka "Precise") with an opt-in to Ubuntu 14.04 (aka "Trusty").

So anything you can build there, or build yourself somewhere else in order to
run there -- and I have made the case that the Launchpad build system by
Canonical/Ubuntu is good -- will work.

12.04 / 14.04 are sometimes a little restrictive, but one can generally do
just fine.  Now, I (as the one rolling up the r-release .deb packages for R)
never created one for R-devel -- but Gabor filled that gap for purposes of
r-builder / r-hub.  That is your (current) best bet.

For what it is worth, I still prefer my R-devel tests to be local -- but use
in Travis is a perfectly fine approach.

Cheers, Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org