[Rd] R 3.2.4 rc issue

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Mar 4 13:37:43 CET 2016

On 4 March 2016 at 09:11, peter dalgaard wrote:
| Thanks for the info, Dirk.
|
| The tarball builds don't run make check (because of a policy decision that it is better to have the sources available on all platforms for testing than to have none if it breaks on a single platform). However the build as of tonight has no problem with make check on the build machine. Did you by any chance forget that Matrix is a recommended package and expected to be available when checking?

Our build systems are heavily standardized and create pristine chroot
environments with exactly what we prescibe.

'Recommended packages' was never part of it, yet we have been running 'make;
make check' since (if memory serves) before the 1.0.0 days.  "It never
mattered".  Yesterday, it failed. I'll try to try again on the weekend.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org