[Rd] Problem installing R-devel dated 4 March 2016.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Mar 6 04:54:06 CET 2016

Thanks Peter.  I tried running the uninstalled R; it worked.  I checked
on the existence of FAQ, etc. --- yep everything was there.  I don't
know about over-zealous virus checkers; I haven't overtly installed any
such.

So, mystified, I started all over again from scratch.  This time it
worked; seamlessly.

Totally mysterious.  Story of my life.  Be that as it were, all systems
are go now, and my package checking was successful.

Sorry for the noise.

cheers,

Rolf

--