[Rd] vignette/knitr help

Mick Jordan mick.jordan at oracle.com
Tue May 3 21:05:06 CEST 2016

On 5/3/16 11:29 AM, Thierry Onkelinx wrote:
> Dear Mick,
>
> Note that both knitr and rmarkdown are listed under Suggests: both are
> required to compile the vignette. Installing rmarkdown should solve
> the problem. If not, please provide more information. OS, R version,
> digest version, ...

This is occurring in the context of an automated testing environment
that compares the output of GnuR and FastR. I'm using
tools::testInstalledPackage with the default values for 'types'. I guess
the problem is that there is no connection between this step and the
previous package install step (that did use --install-tests) but didn't
install the "Suggests" dependencies because in general these are not
needed. But I still am not clear why knitr doesn't list rmarkdown as a
dependency when it clearly will try to use it. To me that is is not
"Suggests" dependency.

Mick