[Rd] R process killed when allocating too large matrix (Mac OS X)

Marius Hofert marius.hofert at uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 5 03:00:29 CEST 2016

Hi Simon,

thanks for your quick reply.

1) ... so you can reproduce this?
2) Do you know a way how this can be 'foreseen'? We allocate larger
matrices in the copula package depending on the user's input
dimension. It would be good to tell her/him "Your dimension is quite
large. Be aware of killers in your neighborhood"... before the killer
attacks.

Thanks & cheers,
Marius