[Rd] where to send patches to R source code

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu May 12 10:03:55 CEST 2016

    > Dear R Developers,
    > I wrote to this list a week ago with some patches that fix bugs in R's
    > GNU Readline interface, but I haven't had a reply. I'm not in a hurry
    > but I'd like to make sure that my message is getting read by the right
    > people. Should I be sending my patches somewhere else?

Thank you Frederick for your reports and patches.
You did send them to the correct place, https://bugs.r-project.org/

Sometimes (as here) a combination of circumstances do lead to
nobody picking them up quickly.
In this case,

- probably none of R-core use or even have easy access to Arch Linux
  so we cannot easily veryify that there is a bug at all
  nor -consequently- veryify that your patch does fix the bug.

- no other user has confirmed the bug on his/her platform, so
  there did not seem a huge demand...

- Accidentally many in R core may be busy with other bugs, teaching, .....
  and just lack the extra resources to delve into these problems
  at the current moment.

Hence, there was not even an 'Acknowledged' change to your
reports--indeed as nobody had been able to see there is a problem
existing outside of your personal computer.

I agree that this must seem a bit frustrating to you.

--
Martin