[Rd] where to send patches to R source code

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Thu May 12 15:42:59 CEST 2016

>> Dear R Developers,
>> I wrote to this list a week ago with some patches that fix bugs in R's
>> GNU Readline interface, but I haven't had a reply. I'm not in a hurry
>> but I'd like to make sure that my message is getting read by the right
>> people. Should I be sending my patches somewhere else?
>
> Thank you Frederick for your reports and patches.
> You did send them to the correct place, https://bugs.r-project.org/
>
> Sometimes (as here) a combination of circumstances do lead to
> nobody picking them up quickly.
> In this case,
>
> - probably none of R-core use or even have easy access to Arch Linux
>  so we cannot easily veryify that there is a bug at all
>  nor -consequently- veryify that your patch does fix the bug.

Actually, the bugs look like they should apply fairly generally, just maybe not bothering all that many people. But there could be portability issues with the fixes, so I suspect some of us were waiting for "a readline expert" to check them out.

-pd

BTW: Anyone with a fix for the stuck-at-eol issue? (aaa<right>bbb<left>ccc)