[Rd] formal process for orphaning a package

Max Kuhn mxkuhn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 20:48:30 CEST 2016

I agree that the file shows the _reasons_ but that is not the same as
a _process_.

With the high volume of packages that the CRAN maintainers handle, an
explicit procedure beyond "request it" is needed or should at least be
spelled out. We have pushed everything CRAN-related else towards
automation, verification, and formalization; this shouldn't be
different.