[Rd] Rcpp - Linking to DLL from another package?

Stravs, Michael Michael.Stravs at eawag.ch
Mon Dec 18 14:24:48 CET 2017

Hi,

I am trying to make a package B that extends another package A. Package A uses Rcpp, and I want to extend a class X used there.

So package A has

src/X.h and inst/include/X.h
class X
{ ... }

src/X.cpp
X::X( arguments )
{ ... }

My package B wants to do this:

DESCRIPTION
[...]
LinkingTo: Rcpp, RcppArmadillo, A
Imports: Rcpp, RcppArmadillo, A

src/Y.h
class Y: public X
{ ... }

src/Y.cpp

Y::Y( arguments ): X(arguments)
{ ... }

Can I somehow make the package link to the library A.dll or its corresponding Linux equivalent? (Note: the files in inst/include will already be a pull request from me to the package A author, so a limited pull request for more changes is feasible, but I would like to keep it minimal.

Dr. Michael Stravs
Eawag
Umweltchemie
BU E 23