[Rd] R CMD check warning about compiler warning flags

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 00:52:25 CET 2017

On 20/12/2017 5:48 PM, Hadley Wickham wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 4:26 PM, Prof Brian Ripley
> <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>> On 20/12/2017 17:42, Winston Chang wrote:
>>>
>>> On recent builds of R-devel, R CMD check gives a WARNING when some
>>> compiler warning flags are detected, such as -Werror, because they are
>>> non-portable. This appears to have been added in this commit:
>>>     https://github.com/wch/r-source/commit/2e80059
>>

>> That is not the canonical R sources.  And your description seems wrong:
>> there is now an _optional_ check controlled by an environment variable,
>> primarily for CRAN checks.
>
> Are the canonical R sources made available in such a way that one can
> link to them?

Yes, the sources are available.  To link to revision 73909 of R on the
trunk branch (which I think is the one referred to above), use

https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/?r=73909

I'm not sure if there's an easy way to see the diff between that and
73908 (which is what the github link showed).  I also don't know if
there's a way to show the diff between commit N and N-1 in github if I
only know N.

Duncan Murdoch