[Rd] R CMD check warning about compiler warning flags

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 13:01:38 CET 2017

On 20/12/2017 6:52 PM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 20/12/2017 5:48 PM, Hadley Wickham wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 4:26 PM, Prof Brian Ripley
>> <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>>> That is not the canonical R sources.  And your description seems wrong:
>>> there is now an _optional_ check controlled by an environment variable,
>>> primarily for CRAN checks.
>>
>> Are the canonical R sources made available in such a way that one can
>> link to them?
>
> Yes, the sources are available.  To link to revision 73909 of R on the
> trunk branch (which I think is the one referred to above), use
>
> https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/?r=73909
>
> I'm not sure if there's an easy way to see the diff between that and
> 73908 (which is what the github link showed).

After checking a bit online, it appears there are projects WebSVN, USVN
and ViewVC that should do this. I don't know if anyone has set up views
of the R repository with any of those.  I've never used them, I just use
local tools.  In the past I used Windows-only TortoiseSVN (and it is
still one of the most attractive features of Windows); now I use RStudio
or command line svn.  As you know, RStudio's interface is somewhat
limited, and as far as I know it can't display features of remote
repositories.

I also don't know if
> there's a way to show the diff between commit N and N-1 in github if I
> only know N.

I still don't know this.

Duncan Murdoch