[Rd] Rscript fails with some packages (for example, h5)

Sun Yijiang sunyijiang at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 15:11:50 CET 2017

Thanks for the details. I’m new to R, and I’m not blaming anything here,
just that I’m still not clear what good it makes to keep this inconsistency
between R and Rscript. To me (and probably to many others from Perl/Python
etc.), this is shockingly weird. I can live with that, and I also want to
know why.

Steve
Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org>于2017年12月27日 周三21:15写道:

> Duncan,
>
> Very nice tutorial. However it does NOT take away from the fact that _very_
> simple_ scripts (like the one posted by Sun at the beginning of this
> thread)
> simply _fail_ in error under Rscript.
>
> Whereas they don't under R or r.
>
> The R environment ships an interpreter meant for command-line and scripting
> use which fails on simple scripts that happen to use S4. But I am tired of
> arguing for reversing this as I have gotten nowhere in all those years.
>
> Dirk
>
> --

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]