[Rd] unlicense

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Wed Jan 18 00:35:10 CET 2017

On 18.01.2017 00:13, Karl Millar wrote:
> Please don't use 'Unlimited' or 'Unlimited + ...'.
>
> Google's lawyers don't recognize 'Unlimited' as being open-source, so
> our policy doesn't allow us to use such packages due to lack of an
> acceptable license.  To our lawyers, 'Unlimited + file LICENSE' means
> something very different than it presumably means to Uwe.

Karl,

thanks for this comment. What we like to hear now is a suggestion what
the maintainer is supposed to do to get what he aims at, as we already
know that "freeware" does not work at all and was hard enough to get to
the "Unlimited" options.

We have many CRAN requests asking for what they should write for
"freeware". Can we get an opinion from your layers which standard
license comes closest to what these maintainers probably aim at and will
work more or less globally, i.e. not only in the US?

Best,
Uwe