[Rd] unlicense

Kevin Ushey kevinushey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 04:46:43 CET 2017

The Free Software Foundation maintains a list of free and GPL-compatible
software licenses here:

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#Unlicense

It appears that Unlicense is considered a free and GPL-compatible license;
however, the page does suggest using CC0 instead (which is indeed a license
approved / recognized by CRAN). CC0 appears to be the primary license
recommended by the FSF for software intended for the public domain.