[Rd] R libcurl does not recognize server certs

Roman, John joroman at rand.org
Mon Mar 27 21:09:25 CEST 2017

Dirk,
ive changed the subject given the nature of the present debugging.  Im aware i can extend extras from download.file to install.packages however
im curious to know why libcurl in the R invocation does not honor the CA bundle on my system.

how would I pass a CA bundle to install.packages?  the function has numerous arguments before the extras are taken.

John Roman
Linux System Administrator
RAND Corporation
joroman at rand.org