[Rd] How to do a "Box's M" Test with

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 14:50:04 CEST 2017

On 27/10/2017 8:10 AM, Morkus via R-devel wrote:
> Trying to get past a frustrating error to do a "simple" Box's M test using Java.
>
> The Box's M test says it will work with a data.frame.
>
> Here's the setup code:
>
> REXP myDf = REXP.createDataFrame(new RList(
> new REXP[]
> {
> new REXPDouble(d1),
> new REXPDouble(d2),
> new REXPDouble(d3),
> new REXPDouble(d4),
> new REXPInteger(d5)
> }));
>
> Here's the call:
>
> REXP boxMResult = rConnection.eval( "boxM(" + myDf+ "[,-5], " + myDf + " [, 5])");

I don't really know the R Java interface, but this doesn't make sense.
You are pasting an REXP object myDf into a string to evaluate.  It would
make sense to assign that dataframe object to an R variable, and paste
the name of that variable into your expression, or to construct a
language object containing the dataframe object, but I don't know how to
do those things.

Duncan Murdoch