[Rd] side-effect of calling functions via `::`

Lionel Henry lionel at rstudio.com
Fri Sep 1 13:47:07 CEST 2017

A package should probably never register a S3 method unless it owns
either the generic or the class. Here `formula.tools` owns neither.
Instead of registering the method, it should export it like a regular
function. This way S3 dispatch is based on lexical scoping rather than
session-wide side effect.

Lionel